Friday, August 5, 2011

July in Miami

Our first 4th of July! Well, C's first. I think she enjoyed it (though she slept through the fireworks). Here she is with her Coco at Coco's on 4th of July.
Visits from Tio Miguel in from London seemed to make babykins smile. Such a fun social girl, enjoys meeting new people.
When I was about C's age, my mom put a turtle shell on my back and captured one of my favorite pictures of all time. Mom thought it would be fun to try and recreate that with C. Here is our CAS version of shell picture.
Nothing beats a good crawl about with our friend Miles. If you could have seen these two babbling back and forth as they scooted about...too cute!
Bath time.
Somehow Olivia is 5 now! I don't know where time goes...but her party was a pirate theme. As you can see Grandmother took the theme to heart and was a HIT at the party! Arrrrrr
Jack Sparrow made an appearance.
...and we all wore pirate hats courtesy of Tia Kiki.
July 6 C turned 8 months old. She wont sit still in her yellow chair anymore...so the changing table it is. Isn't she so pleased with herself?
Fruit (check) Veggies (check) Meat (check)...Babykins is officially eating everything she can...and oddly she enjoys veggies more than fruit so far. Hmmmm...
Bastille Day! Mommy isn't a Dubon for rien! Doesn't babykins look tres mignon? Too bad the minute we arrived at Riviera she had crazy explodapoop and I had to completely change her ensemble into a not as cute white onesie...pink bow stayed on naturally!
Our "primo" Alexandre was in town from Nicaragua with his new baby sister Cosima. Tia Cayetana took these amazing shots...look at her! How did I make this child? ( I know...I know...when a boy and a girl love each other blah blah blah)...
The one above went into a locket....so did the one below because....
that is a profile to DIE for!

We stayed pretty late at Tia Cayetana's and inherited these cute PJs and then went to sleep.
Tia Lucia came in town too...so all the primos went to breakfast.
C with her padrino Chris at church...
C sharing a moment with Daddykins
Uncle Junion's mom "Mamasun" came to visit with his niece. Here we all are. This St. Philip's courtyard has seen many a family picture!
I had been waiting patiently for this one. C's first trip to the Miami Children's Museum. Having worked there and helping build, open, launch etc all things MCM...I knew my sweet girl would LOVE the creeper crawler room! And she did...she had such a great time!
Exec. Director "Aunt Debbie" was in a state of disbelief that I was there with my OWN baby! They had a good time playing together.
Some more fun times with the family on the Key, in the Roads...all over town....

Here we see Tia Kiki and C with the evil lion fish....
...and finally Los Slesnick... notice C was not the only one who had a month of firsts. D finally got glasses! Smashing aren't they?

1 comment: