Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving with the Family

This was definitely a Thanksgiving of firsts... it was the first Thanksgiving that we went out as a family and got our Christmas Tree on Thanksgiving Day...and it was the first time Ceci went to get a tree. She enjoyed the field trip--especially when big cousins Olivia and Julia came over to the stroller to say hi. Here is Olivia with a sprig and her slightly uncomfortable cousin Ceci.
Later that afternoon we walked over to Mimi and Babo's house with Coco for Ceci's first Thanksgiving. Normally we eat at Grandmother's...but this year we changed it up a bit. It was a nice evening with loads of amazing food. As usual my round of seconds was for my sister-in-law's (Kathleen...Kiki) green beans, D's garlic mash, and my own corn casserole (it's Paula Deen's...but I have claimed it as my own). Kiki also made her amazing pumpkin soup this year. Delish!
Now I don't know if it was the meal...but when I fed Ceci at 9:30pm (finishing her meal at around 10pm)...she did not come-a-callin' until 4:30am!!! God Bless this child!!!

Today we went on a field trip to visit MamaKanga, a lovely woman named Amanda in the Gables who specializes in carriers. We'd been eyeing the Moby Wrap and decided to get one before Holiday madness starts...and I am considering going to Art Basel this coming week so the wrap would be most handy. We LOVE our stroller, but sometimes you need a little something more portable. Here we are on the patio modeling our newest addition to the baby gear (which consequently all her travel gear is in red). Ceci is currently napping in the Moby...something tells me she loves it.
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment